Gilroy Car Accident Attorneys
Gilroy Car Accident Attorneys
Car Accident Attorneys In Gilroy
How much do attorneys charge in Gilroy? Car accident attorneys may each offer a different type of fee arrangement. But our attorneys work through contingency agreements. A contingency agreement is a percentage agreed upon by both the client and the lawyer on what percentage the attorney is to receive when they win for their client. This means that if the attorney reaches a settlement or a verdict amount, they will charge a percentage of that compensation. But, our attorneys have no upfront costs.
After going through an accident, you may not be financially stable to afford an attorney and pay for their hourly rates upfront. Contingency fees offer a great way for our attorneys to take on your case without you having to worry about any necessary costs.
What if I was also at fault for my car accident in Gilroy, California?
When a lawsuit or claim is filed, both parties start to investigate and look into the accident. After they look into the accident they can determine the percentage of fault for both parties. For example, if there was a drunk driver who collided with another driver who was not wearing their seatbelt, a percentage of fault can be assigned to both parties. Fortunately, in California, there is a comparative law rule that allows the accident victims to still get compensated for their claim or lawsuit even if they were partially responsible.
But, the key is to determine the percentage of fault. The percentage of fault could only be determined by consulting with experts and investigating the circumstances of the accident. Having a Gilroy car accident attorney who is not so experienced in Gilroy car accidents could be detrimental to your case. That is why we recommend that you speak to our attorneys as soon as possible after your accident.
How can our Gilroy attorneys help you?
- Our car accident attorneys will investigate the circumstances of your accident to determine exactly how the accident happened. This is done through various accident experts. For example, there are accident reconstruction experts that take a look into the speed at which the vehicles were driving, and the location of the accident, and determine exactly how the party was negligent.
- We will work with medical experts to piece together how much compensation you may need for future care. Usually, permanent injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries may require more medical treatments in the future.
- We have decades of experience fighting for our clients in trial.
- Our attorneys offer free confidential consultations to better discuss your case one-on-one and assist you as soon as possible.
- We fight aggressively when representing our clients and going up against insurance companies. Insurance companies unfortunately may always try to deny or offer a very low settlement amount. This amount may not even be able to cover all your costs. That is where our attorneys come in, and fight for you against these large corporations.
When should I file my Gilroy car accident lawsuit?
You should file your Gilroy car accident lawsuit within two years from the date of the accident. This is a statute of limitations. The statute of limitations determines a specific deadline for when a lawsuit should be filed, and if it is not filed on time, the entire case could be thrown out.
Gilroy Car Accident Statistics:
According to the Office of Traffic and Safety in California, in a single year, there were 192 fatalities caused by a car accident in Gilroy. Among these 192 fatalities, 22 fatalities involved alcohol. Bicyclists accounted for 12 fatalities. Pedestrians accounted for seven fatalities, and motorcycles accounted for two fatalities.
What are the most common causes of car accidents in Gilroy?
- In a single year, 31 car accident fatalities were speed-related. Drivers in Gilroy are more likely to speed because the highways stretch several miles, and many homes and properties are farther apart, which increases the likelihood of drivers speeding since there may not be so many cars on the road.
- 18 car accident fatalities in Gilroy took place during night hours, which are 9:00 p.m. To 3:00 a.m. During this time, many drivers may be distracted behind the wheel, or maybe drowsy driving. When this occurs, a driver has less time to come to a complete stop and may lose focus on the road.
- 11 car accident fatalities in Gilroy were caused by hit-and-run accidents. This usually occurs when a vehicle collides with another vehicle and then drives away to avoid any repercussions or consequences. Even if you have suffered a hit-and-run accident, you still have the right to file a claim with your insurance company. For more information, we recommend that you speak to our top-rated lawyers.
- Rear-end collisions were a very common type of accident in Gilroy. A rear-end collision occurs when a vehicle collides with another from behind and usually could cause severe injuries. This is a very common scenario involved in speeding. Rear-end collisions could also be deadly.
Gilroy Roundabout Car Accidents
Gilroy is one of the first cities in California to fix roundabouts that have proven to be deadly. Roundabouts have left many drivers confused, leading to collisions, and fatalities. To some, roundabouts could be very complicated, and inexperienced drivers could end up colliding with another vehicle. Instead, the city plans to introduce a three-lane roundabout that is more specific on which direction each vehicle is supposed to drive through. Lanes are also meant to reduce speed on these roundabouts.
Drunk Driving Car Accidents In Gilroy
There were around 106 arrests in a single year in Gilroy. This number is very high, considering the population of Gilroy. Drunk driving is very common in Gilroy, and accidents could lead to severe injuries and death.
If you or a loved one have experienced a car accident in Gilroy, California, we recommend that you reach out to our lawyers as soon as possible to schedule a consultation. Our attorneys are committed to our clients and always want to make sure that our clients get all the help that they need. We believe that negligent parties should be held responsible for their actions.
We also help people that speaks spanish, our abogados de accidentes are ready to help you.
Contact us for more information on how you could recover compensation for your accident. There are several different types of accidents that our attorneys have experience in, including boat accidents, truck accidents, traffic accidents, bus accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, product liability accidents, workplace accidents, etc.