Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys
Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys
Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys
One of the most traumatic experiences someone can go through is a car accident. The events following a collision can be overwhelming, stressful, and traumatic. Physical, emotional, and financial hardships are likely to occur. On the plus side, you don’t have to struggle with these consequences alone. If the other driver is responsible for the accident, you need an experienced Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys Megeredchian Law on your side. They can help you file a claim and demand compensation for any losses or injuries.
If you or a loved one sustain injuries in a vehicle accident, talk with a top Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys to learn how to help recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses.
Since the beginning, our Car Accident Attorneys have worked diligently against insurers on behalf of their clients. We know how critical insurance settlements or a jury award may be after a crash. Please trust and have faith in our law firm to guide you through the legal process. If you want to learn more about how our team can help you, give us a call to schedule a free consultation. We handle all of our cases under a contingency fee agreement. This means that you don’t owe us anything unless we secure a successful resolution for your case.
Common Types of Car Accidents
Furthermore, our attorneys emphasize that being more aware of the causes of car accidents can help you avoid future injuries. The California Office of Traffic Safety reports that in the year 2019, there were 3,75 injuries and fatal road accidents. These auto accidents consist of 652 speed-related crashes, 362 collisions involving alcohol, and 340 hit and run accidents.
Common types of car accidents involve:
- Rear-end accidents happen the most in California. These accidents occur when a driver tailgates the car before them, and that car stops suddenly. The rear vehicle may crash into the lead car since the driver did not stop or slow down. Rear-end accidents are also the most costly in damages and injuries.
- T-bone accidents happen at intersections more often than not. Usually, a driver fails to stop at a traffic light or stop sign and crashes into another vehicle crossing the road. The collision takes place on one car’s side. Drivers must exercise caution when driving across intersections. Slow down and look for any oncoming vehicles.
- Multi-vehicle crashes or Chain Reaction Crashes- occurs when one impact, most times a rear-ending, triggers more accidents. Chain reaction or multiple vehicle accidents are complex and hold enormous liability because each driver’s actions can determine whether or not they are responsible.
Injuries Caused By Car Accidents
In Sacramento, the most dangerous intersections are as follows:
- Arden Way and Interstate 80
- Fair Oaks Boulevard and Howe Avenue
- Franklin Boulevard and Broadway
- Fruitridge Road and Franklin Boulevard
- Highway 99 and US-50 Interchange
- Power Inn Road and Folsom Boulevard
- State Route 99 and 12th Avenue
- SR-160 and Richards Boulevard
- Sutterville Road and Franklin Boulevard
- West El Camino Avenue and Northgate Boulevard
Each of these intersections is the site of many accidents where injuries occur. Some of the causes of these accidents are drunk driving, falling asleep behind the wheel, running red lights or stop signs, speeding, tailgating, texting, driving, and weaving in and out of traffic.
After becoming more familiar with what causes car accidents, Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys want you to know that injuries vary depending on the type of crash. However, most people will have minor injuries. In rare cases, people will experience significant injuries.
Our car accident attorneys represent clients with the following car accident injuries:
- Neck and back pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones
- Bruised ribs
- Road rash
The head, neck, back, and spine suffer the most injuries, with side effects ranging from pain, swelling, tingling, numbness, prickling, weakness, and decreased range of motion. All of these are clear indicators that something is wrong. For example, if you are experiencing symptoms like neck pain, stiffness in the neck and back, or pain while you move, you likely have whiplash.
Minor car accident injuries also go by the name of soft tissue damage. These injuries include bruising and swelling of muscles and tendons. Many car accident victims with soft tissue damage need months of physical therapy or chiropractic work to reverse damages or speed up recovery. With any injury, regardless of whether or not it is minor, don’t ever let the insurance company convince you that you don’t need treatment.
Sprained ankles and cuts also fall under the minor injuries category. A good chiropractor can tell if you have been in an accident simply by looking at your spine and muscle tightness. Don’t let a minor injury dictate the rest of your life.
While some injuries are more obvious than others, like shoulder dislocation or broken arm, wrist, etc., others may take a few days to present themselves. Headaches, back pain, whiplash, and other head injuries may not appear immediately. You could feel fine immediately following the car accident but notice something is off. This is most likely because of adrenaline. You may not realize at the time how hard you hit your head until you start having trouble sleeping. You must seek medical care from a doctor or hospital as soon as you suspect a problem.
In the rare instances you get into an accident and don’t sustain any injuries; you still need to see a doctor. Sometimes the victim feels like there are no injuries to report, or they don’t want to go through the hassle of a doctor’s visit, so they disregard their injuries. We highly recommend that you don’t downplay your injuries. It could turn into something much more severe if you neglect to seek medical care or, at the very least, an evaluation.
A good rule of thumb to follow is if your car is injured, scratched, broken, dented, or bent, then chances are you are as well. Having a doctor examine you after an accident doesn’t cost anything. Take advantage of the service, and remember that it could save your life in the long run.
Steps To Take After A Car Accident
You might be the safest driver ever by taking every precaution necessary to ensure you arrive at your destination injury-free. However, you are not invincible to accidents. When this happens, remember that the initial steps you take may impact your ability to recover financial compensation. Follow these steps to protect you and your loved ones after an accident:
- Stay at the scene of the car accident
- Check yourself and others for injuries
- Request medical attention at the scene
- Report the accident to local law enforcement
- Ask responding officers for a traffic accident report
- Exchange contact information with the other driver
- Look for witnesses and request their information
- Take pictures of injuries and the accident scene
- Contact your auto insurance company to report the collision as quickly as possible
- Remain consistent with medical treatment and follow orders from your doctor
- Reach out to the best Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys for proper legal representation
- Please do not post the accident on social media until you resolve it.
Compensation For Sacramento Car Accident Injuries
Car accident attorneys that handle your injury case prepare a demand letter to send to the insurance company. In this package, current and future economic damages are either cost of past medical bills, expenses for future medical treatment, lost wages and loss of future earnings, accommodations for temporary or permanent disability, mental anguish and emotional distress, loss of enjoyment, and consortium, pain and suffering, property damage and scarring.
In California, punitive damages are available for cases under certain circumstances. These damages are in place to punish negligent parties for their wrongdoing. Exemplary damages also discourage similar behavior between them and others.
Recovering exemplary damages for a car accident case in California requires a skilled car accident attorney. They must provide clear and convincing evidence that the at-fault party is responsible. Proof of either driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs or excessive speeding will usually act as proof. The court generally awards exemplary damages.
Additionally, in California, fault or negligence determines the responsible party and thus pays for damages after an accident. Meanwhile, California’s comparative fault laws decide how failure relates to a personal injury or wrongful death case. Juries will determine what percentage of the plaintiff’s fault factors the resulting damages.
Contact A Car Accident Attorney Today
Sacramento car accident attorneys are readily available to provide a free case evaluation and explain your potential options for financial recovery. Call our law firm if you or a loved one ever sustained injuries in a car accident due to negligence. Our experienced legal team will offer free, friendly, and compassionate advice.
Car accident injuries can leave a lasting impact on someone’s life, and our attorneys keep that in mind when fighting the case. The Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys at Megeredchian Law take their job seriously because that means you win too when we win. They do not truly reach success until each client walks away with the compensation they rightfully deserve. Call our office at (888) 243-2050, or complete our contact form to schedule a consultation today.