Lyft Passenger Accident Attorneys
Lyft Passenger Accident Attorneys
Lyft Passenger Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured while in a Lyft rideshare car, contact our top-rated car accident attorneys today to see how you can receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Lyft is a very common rideshare app used in congested cities such as Los Angeles and San Francisco. Although ride-share programs could be very efficient, being involved in a Rideshare accident could involve some serious trauma. In the first ever safety report released by Lyft, there were around 105 fatalities that involved a Lyft car between the years 2017 to 2019. There were also around 4,000 people who were assaulted in Lyft rides between the years 2017 to 2019. These numbers are astonishing, especially since this is the first time Lyft has ever reported any safety statistics. Unfortunately, many even have come forward seeing these numbers are possibly higher because there have not been safety reports created for every type of accident.
Currently, Lyft has been facing multiple lawsuits from several injured parties. If you or a loved one have been injured while riding Lyft, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries. Our car accident attorneys are available 24/7 to make sure that you get the care you need and the legal assistance you need to seek fair compensation. We have been representing car accident victims for decades, and understand how to navigate through the legal process, especially when it comes to holding companies liable for the injuries caused.
Keeping drivers safe is a very serious issue that Lyft needs to focus on. Lyft has been facing several criticisms in the public eye for failing to pay attention to safety measures. They’re constantly on the news with mentions of car accidents and assaults the drivers have experienced while using the rideshare app. Lyft and Uber have made around 11 billion trips in the United States since their creation in 2010. If you have experienced a car accident while using the Lyft rideshare app, we are here to help.
What type of compensation could I receive from my Lyft accident?
There are several different types of compensation you could receive from a Lyft accident, which includes:
- Past lost wages
- Future lost earning capacity
- Medical bills
- Prescription medication
- Future rehabilitative services
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
How much will I get from a Lyft settlement?
The amount your case is worth differs depending on the circumstances of the accident. For example, a third party who has suffered severe permanent injuries will receive more in compensation than another who has only suffered a temporary injury and has returned back to work. For more information on your specific case, contact our experienced Lyft accident attorneys today for a free case evaluation. During this case evaluation, will review the details of your case, and determine the potential liable parties.
What should I do if I have been involved in a Lyft accident?
- Call 911 immediately. Even if you believe you have not suffered any injuries, there may be injuries that are not yet apparent since drivers are almost always in shock after an accident. Further, in order to file a legal claim against a reliable party, the plaintiff must have medical records proving the amount of damages and the injuries they suffered.
- If parties are in the area of traffic, the parties should move their vehicles to a safer area away from other moving vehicles.
- Contact the police department. Police officers will be able to draft a police report that will be important when filing a lawsuit against Lyft.
- Gather evidence regarding the accident. Take photos of the accident location, and the property damage that has occurred. If there are any witnesses, make sure that you get their contact information, along with any other insurance information third parties are involved with.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney to see what the next steps may be in filing your legal claim. Our top-rated car accident attorneys will discuss all the possible options related to your claim, and the next possible steps we could take.
What should I do if a Lyft car has hit me?
If you have been hit by a Lyft car, you still have the right to file a lawsuit against the negligent driver, along with Lyft, for compensation for your injuries.
Who can file a lawsuit against Lyft?
- Pedestrians: pedestrians who have been struck by Lyft drivers have the right to sue the driver, along with Lyft for compensation for their injuries.
- Passengers: passengers who were in the Lyft car and experienced the accident could file a lawsuit against Lyft
- Other drivers: other drivers whose car has been hit by a Lyft driver could recover compensation for their property damage suffered.
How To Determine Liability In a Lyft Accident
In order to seek compensation for your injuries against Lyft, your top rated attorney will have to show how Lyft was liable in causing the accident. If the driver was driving during the scope of their employment, then you could hold Lyft liable under a vicarious liability legal claim. Vicarious liability holds the employers liable for their employee’s negligent actions. But, if the Lyft driver was not “ on the clock” when the accident occurred, it may be difficult to seek recovery from Lyft.
Should I file a claim with Lyft after my accident?
Lyft was recently under fire for having poor customer service response time for those who have filed car accident claims on the app. If you have been injured in a Lyft accident, our accident attorneys suggest you contact our personal injury attorneys prior to filing an accident with Lyft. Usually, filing any accident claims with Lyft could take years to resolve on its own. Lyft will also try to downplay their liability as much as possible and suggest a low monetary settlement offer. You need an attorney to represent you and your rights and make sure that no party takes advantage of you.
When can I file my Lyft accident claim?
In California, the statute of limitations determines when parties could file their legal claims. Filing a legal claim after the time period could cause the case to be dismissed, and the plaintiff will lose the right to seek compensation. In California, injured parties have two years from the date of the Lyft accident to file a claim against negligent parties. We advise that you contact our top-rated car accident attorneys as soon as possible after experiencing an accident to determine what the statute of limitations are regarding your specific case.
What if I was also at fault in my Lyft accident?
California pure comparative negligence laws allow the plaintiff to recover a portion of their compensation, even if they are partially negligent. Lyft car accidents could be very complex, especially because there may be other passengers involved in the car. You may still be able to file a claim and seek compensation for your injuries even if you are personally liable.
How can our Lyft car accident attorneys help?
- Our attorneys offer a free no risk case evaluation. During this case evaluation, we will explain the different types of legal claims involved with your specific Lyft accident claim.
- Our car accident attorneys will investigate your legal claim to determine the potential liable parties, along with what type of compensation you could receive from the different defendants.
- Our top-rated California accident attorneys will negotiate with other parties to make sure that you received the compensation you deserve.
- Our personal injury attorneys will represent you throughout settlement negotiations, and potentially in trial if settlement negotiations are never reached.
If you have been injured in a Lyft rideshare accident in California, call our car accident attorneys at Megeredchian Law or submit a message to us online to schedule a free no obligation consultation.
Our car accident attorneys will take care of your Lyft accident claim, while you focus on healing from your injuries.