Hand Injury Attorneys
Hand Injury Attorneys
Hand Injury Attorneys
If you have sustained hand injuries from a negligent party, contact our attorneys today to see how we can help you.
Our hands are one of the most important body parts that we have, and many do not even realize the importance unless they have suffered some type of hand injury. If you or a loved one has suffered hand injuries caused by another party, you do not have to go through your injuries alone. In California, you have the right to hold the at fault party liable for your injuries sustained. We understand how difficult it may be to sustain a head injury, especially if it is caused by another party. We are here to help every step of the way, and we’ll navigate through the legal process for you to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve.
We have been representing victims who have suffered head injuries for decades, and understand the amount of work it takes to represent our clients. We have recovered around 300 hundred million dollars for our clients, and have a successful record representing our clients in several judgments and settlements.
How do hand injuries occur?
Hand injuries can occur in a variety of different types of accidents, including:
- Car accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Sporting accidents
- Construction accidents
Workplace Accidents and Hand Injuries
One of the most common causes for hand injuries are workplace accidents. Usually, the repetitive motion could cause severe traumatic injury to the hand. This can affect the employee’s life forever. For more information on workplace accidents, and how you could receive compensation for your injuries, contact our accident attorneys today.
What type of compensation could I receive for my hand injury?
The different types of damages you can receive depend on the circumstances of your accident. For example, the different types of compensation we have recovered for our clients include:
- Lost wages: Suffering hand injuries will most likely require months of treatment, where you will be unable to return back to work. Especially if you work in a corporate environment, it may be difficult to type and use a mouse. Lost wages refer to the amount of compensation you missed out on when you were out of work.
- Medical bills: Hand injuries may require several different types of treatment, especially if you have suffered sprains, tendonitis, or muscle spasms.
- Pain and suffering: Dealing with your hand injury may require several months of emotional trauma as you learn to cope and work around your hand injury.
What are the different types of hand injuries?
- Cuts: this usually occurs when you suffer lacerations to the hand. Usually, these are surface-level cuts, and only breaks the skin.
- Punctures: punctures occur when the wounds go under the skin and are deeper than the skin. Punctures almost always require medical attention
- Burns: there are several different types of burns that could cause hand injuries, such as fire burns, chemical burns, or electrical burns. This is most likely common at construction sites when construction workers deal with hazardous materials. Victims could suffer first, second, third, or fourth degree burns.
- Broken bones: broken bones result when there is a traumatic blunt force to the hand.
- Sprains: this usually occurs from slip and fall accidents, when the victim reaches out their hand as they fall towards the floor.
- Amputations: those who suffer very severe injuries to the hand will most likely have to have their hand amputated. This can cause very traumatic emotional experiences as the victim will try to cope with their amputation.
If you have experienced any of the above-mentioned hand injuries, contact our attorneys today to see how you can recover compensation for your medical bills, along with any future medical treatments you may need.
Wrist injuries are oftentimes caused by carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel occurs at 8 different carpal points in the hand. There are several different ligaments attached to these points that could be easily injured from a traumatic blow. Symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome include tingling and burning. If you have experienced any of these symptoms, contact your doctor immediately to see how you can get medical assistance.
Carpal tunnel that has not been diagnosed could lead to severe injuries such as sprains, broken bones, and tendonitis.
Trauma to the arm is very common in car accidents when several different large objects fly towards the arm, and cause deep wounds and nerve damage. If you have experienced any type of arm injury from an accident caused by another party, contact our arm injury attorneys today for a free consultation.
How much should I settle for a hand injury?
Your hand injury lawsuit’s worth depends on the circumstances of the accident. Your settlement amount may be larger if you have experienced more permanent hand injury damages.
What should I do after a hand injury?
- Seek medical care immediately to have your injuries looked at
- Keep a daily record describing what you are feeling and how your life has been affected
- Make sure to get a copy of the incident report if there was one drafted from a police officer
- Contact a hand injury attorney immediately
Who is liable for my hand injury?
There are several different parties that could be liable for your hand injury. This depends on the circumstances of the accident. The different types of parties we have seen responsible for hand injuries include:
- Business owners
- Property managers
- Business managers
When should I file my hand injury lawsuit?
Each state has different rules in place that determine when a lawsuit should be filed. This is referred to as the statute of limitations. If you file your lawsuit after this time limit, you will lose the right to file a lawsuit, along with the right to recover compensation.
In California, if you have sustained any hand injuries, you have two years from the date of the accident to file your lawsuit. If you file your lawsuit after 2 years have passed, you will lose the right to seek compensation, and have your case dismissed. That is why we advise everyone to seek medical assistance as soon as possible to make sure that you fall within the two-year period. Your time limit is also dependent on the people you are filing the lawsuit against. For example, if you are filing a lawsuit against a government entity, you have six months from the date of the accident to file the lawsuit. For more information on statute of limitations, contact are top rated accident attorneys today.
How much do our hand injury attorneys cost?
Our hand injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means that we will only collect a percentage of compensation when we win the lawsuit in your favor.
Contact Our Hand Injury Attorneys Today
If you or a loved one has experienced injuries to your hand, it is very important that you seek a top-rated accident attorney to make sure that your rights are well represented.
Hand injuries could be very complex, especially if there are insurance adjusters that try to blame your past and downplay their liability in the accident as much as possible. Our attorneys are available 24/7 via phone and email, and have offices located in several different cities in Los Angeles County to make sure that our clients get the care that they deserve.
Contact us today to schedule a free no obligation consultation. During this consultation, we will review all the details of your case and determine who the liable parties may be, along with the compensation you could recover.
Our experienced top-rated accident attorneys will help you make sure you get the compensation you deserve. We use our hands every day, and so any injury that occurs to our hands could cause severe emotional trauma. Our attorneys are dedicated and making sure that you seek the compensation you deserve. We fight to make sure that you recover physically and financially.