Multi-Car Accident Attorney
What Are The Causes Of A Multi-Car Accident In California?
There are many causes of multi-car accidents in Los Angeles. Some of the most common causes are:
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of multi-car accidents in Los Angeles. There are so many distractions on the road, which make it hard for drivers to focus. Distractions include texting or talking on a cell phone, eating or drinking or changing the radio station. All these activities take the driver’s attention away from the road.
- Speeding: Speeding is another common cause of Multi-Car Accidents. When drivers exceed the speed limit, they may lose control of their vehicle and not be able to slow down.
- Aggressive Driving: Aggressive driving, such as weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating, and ignoring traffic signals, could increase the risk of a multi-car accident.
- Impaired driving/Driving under the influence: Drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol have their vision and hearing impaired.
- Weather Conditions: Poor weather conditions, such as heavy rain or fog can make roads slippery and increase the risk of multi-car accidents.
- Poor Road Designs: Poorly designed roadways can contribute to multi-car accidents by creating hazards.
- Unmaintained roads: Roads must constantly be maintained or may result in an accident.
How To Prevent Multi-Car Accidents In Los Angeles:
- Be Aware of Their Surroundings to Prevent Multi-Car Accidents.
- Avoid Distractions.
- Drive at a safe speed.
- Follow Traffic Laws.
- Maintain Vehicle Condition.
What Are Injuries That Result From A Multi-Car Accident In California?
In a multi-car accident, injuries could be minor or severe. Some injuries may not be immediately felt until weeks later. Some examples of the most common injuries in a multi-car accident include:
- Whiplash: When the neck moves back and forth abruptly, whiplash results in a soft tissue injury. It strains the muscles.
- Broken Bones: Bones may break or fracture. The elderly are more at risk of suffering broken bones from an accident.
- Head and Brain Injuries: The abrupt force of the impact can cause severe head and brain injuries that will need several different types of medical treatment, including concussions, traumatic brain injuries (TBI), and skull fractures.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: The spinal cord transmits signals between the brain and the rest of the body. Any damage to it can result in permanent paralysis or loss of sensation.
- Internal Injuries: The force of the impact can cause internal injuries, including damage to organs, bleeding, or other trauma.
It’s important to get medical attention as soon as possible after you or a loved one have been involved in a multi-car accident. Even if you do not feel any pain or discomfort right away, there may be internal injuries, like internal bleeding. These conditions could get worse if not immediately treated.
It’s also important to document any injuries in the event that are to file a lawsuit against the negligent party. Our experienced car accident attorneys can help you understand your rights and determine if there is the potential for compensation for any medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages resulting from the accident.
What Should I Do After Being Involved In A Multi-Vehicle Accident?
- If you are involved in a Multi-Vehicle Accident in Los Angeles or anywhere else, the first thing you should do is make sure that everyone involved is safe.
- Receive medical attention if necessary.
- Report the accident to the police.
- Report the accident to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Exchange insurance and contact information with the other drivers involved
- Document the scene by taking photos and gathering witness statements.
- Contact a qualified Los Angeles accident lawyer.
- Contact your insurance company to file a claim.
Multi-Car Accident Investigations
Investigations of multi-car accidents can be complex and must be done immediately after an accident, or else it will get harder to gather evidence. Your highly qualified attorney will help you with this process. Here are some of the steps that are typically involved in a Multi-Car Accident investigation:
- Gathering Information: Investigators (sometimes insurance adjusters) will collect information from drivers, passengers, and witnesses. Any photos or videos will assist them tremendously.
- Analyzing The Scene: Investigators will visit and take a look at the scene of the accident. Some factors they look into are skid marks and debris.
- Examining The Vehicles: Investigators will examine all the vehicles involved in the accident to determine if there were any defects that may have caused the accident. If the vehicle has been taken to a junkyard, investigators may also visit the junkyard.
- Interviewing Witnesses: Investigators will interview witnesses that saw or heard the accident. Witnesses should be contacted soon after the accident.
- Reviewing Medical Records: Medical experts may review medical records to determine the types of injuries and the severity of the injuries that resulted from the accident. We recommend that you keep all your medical records and bills.
- Determining Liability: Investigators will work to determine which drivers were at fault in the accident.
Where Do Multi-Car Accidents Happen In Los Angeles?
Multi-car accidents can happen anywhere in Los Angeles where there is a road or street, but there are some areas that have a higher risk of experiencing multi-car accidents. Some of the common areas where multi-car accidents happen in Los Angeles include:
- Freeways: Multi-Car Accidents are particularly common on the highways in Los Angeles, such as the 405, the 101, and the 5. These roads have high traffic throughout the day and drivers always drive on these freeways at high speeds.
- Intersections: Intersections are another common location for multi-car accidents in Los Angeles, particularly those with complex traffic patterns. Inexperienced drivers may not be completely aware of how to approach complex intersections. Drivers making left-hand turns or those that fail to yield the right of way can increase the risk of a multi-car accident.
- Urban Areas: Multi-car accidents are also common in densely populated urban areas, where there are many vehicles, pedestrians, and bicyclists sharing the road. With so many people on the road, this could decrease visibility.
- Construction Zones: Construction zones can be very hazardous for drivers, especially if they are not properly marked or if drivers are not paying attention to signs or signals. Cones and barriers must be placed in proper areas.
- Curved Roads: Curved roads is hazardous for drivers, especially if they are not familiar with the road or are approaching the curve too fast.
Call Megeredchian Law Today
Give our car accident attorneys a call today to see how we can help you get compensated for your injuries if you have been involved in a multi-car accident. It takes a highly qualified attorney to investigate a multi-car accident to determine exactly which parties are responsible. There could be several different parties responsible, and a strong attorney will be able to gather all the evidence against them.
Give us a call today to schedule your free consultation. During our consultation, we will review all the evidence that you have of the accident, including pictures of the accident scene and names of drivers and passengers that were involved in the accident. Our attorneys work through a contingency fee agreement, and we will only get compensation when we win a settlement or a judgment in your favor. We keep all your damages in mind when negotiating with third parties and insurance companies.