Orthopedic Injury Attorneys
Orthopedic Injury Attorneys
Orthopedic Injury Attorneys
Our experienced orthopedic injury attorneys are on your side and will help you every step of the way with your legal claims.
Our top-rated orthopedic attorneys have decades of experience representing victims who have sustained orthopedic injuries in an accident caused by someone else. We understand how stressful and traumatic it could be to suffer orthopedic injuries from an accident caused by another. Our attorneys are here to help, and are available 24/7 to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding your legal claim.
In California, you have the right to seek compensation from the liable party that caused your orthopedic injuries. Our top-rated accident attorneys offer free no risk consultations where we will review the details of your case, along with who the potential liable parties may be, and how much you could recover for your injuries. Contact us today to schedule a free no risk consultation.
What are orthopedic injuries?
“Orthopedic injury” is a broad term used to describe a variety of problems that could occur to someone’s bones, muscles, joints, and tendons. Orthopedic injuries refer to any injuries that occur at the musculoskeletal system. When this occurs, you must call an orthopedic injury attorney to see how you can get compensated for your medical bills. You can receive a variety of compensation for your injuries, including lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
Are orthopedic injuries serious?
Orthopedic injuries are serious, and often result in traumatic injuries that require extensive surgery and lead to permanent damage. For example, someone who has suffered severe damage to their joints may require a joint replacement surgery. Joint replacement surgeries could be very costly, and even with surgery it could be very difficult to take part in day-to-day activities.
Many may never truly recover from an orthopedic injury. That is why it is important to have a trusted accident attorney on your side to look into your accident claim, investigate the merits of your accident, determine the liable parties, and make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
Orthopedic Injury Statistics
- There are around 18 million orthopedic fractures that are treated each year
- 63% of deaths in older adults are caused by orthopedic injuries from unintentional falls
- 70% of those who have suffered orthopedic injuries have reported that they have lost work days
- 30% of orthopedic injuries were caused at work
- 30% of orthopedic injuries were caused by slip and fall accident
- 54% of orthopedic injuries were caused by traumatic experiences such as car accidents
What causes orthopedic injuries?
Almost all accidents that involve severe blunt trauma could cause orthopedic injuries. Unfortunately, due to old age, your bones can be very fragile. Therefore, older adults and younger children are more likely to suffer orthopedic injuries. Injuries are caused by:
- Car accidents
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
Examples of Orthopedic Injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Herniated spinal cord disc
- Rotator cuff tear has
- Tennis elbow is
- Hip replacements
- Stress fractures
- ACL tears
- Fractured skull
- Knee injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Joint fractures
If you have experienced any of the above orthopedic injuries, contact our orthopedic attorneys today to see how we can help you see compensation for your legal claim.
Wrongful Death Lawsuits
If your loved one has passed away from their orthopedic injury, you have the ability to hold the negligent party responsible for the injuries caused to your family member. This is filed under a legal claim called a wrongful-death claim. In a wrongful death claim, the family members seek reimbursement for expenses such as funeral expenses and burial expenses. Other types of compensation the family member could also recover include loss of income. For more information on how to file a wrongful death claim, contact our accident attorneys today.
What if I was also responsible for my orthopedic injury?
If you are also responsible for your orthopedic injury, you still may be able to recover compensation from the liable party. For example, if you were responsible for causing the accident 15%, you may be able to recover 85% of your orthopedic injury claims against the liable party. For more information on pure comparative negligence laws, contact our top-rated accident attorneys today.
When proving your orthopedic injuries, your top-rated personal injury attorney must have to prove that the injuries were caused by another person’s negligence. When proving negligence, your attorney must have to show:
- The defendant had a duty to the plaintiff
- The defendant failed to act in a reasonably safe manner
- The defendant caused the accident
- The plaintiff now suffers damages from their injuries
If an accident were to occur on another person’s property, you may hold the land owner or property manager responsible under a premises liability claim. Under premises liability, your attorney must have to show that:
- The landowner had control of the land
- The landowner failed to exercise reasonable care in preventing the accident
- The accident occurred
- The plaintiff now suffers injuries
Sporting Accident Injuries
Sporting accident injuries almost always cause orthopedic injuries. Many may raise the defense that the player assumes the risk when they participate in the game. However, there are several ways to work around this defense. For example, the player did not assume the risk of sustaining orthopedic injuries when they joined the game. Assumption of risk is not always a valid defense, and our attorneys have dealt with several different types of defenses for decades. We know how to navigate and fight against the defendant’s claims, along with making sure that you get the compensation you deserve.
When you come in for your free no obligation consultation, we will review the different ways liable parties could be held responsible for your injuries. Sport accidents can be very complex, especially if multiple parties are playing the same game. Our accident attorneys will thoroughly investigate your accident claim and determine who the liable parties may be.
Who is liable for my orthopedic injuries?
The negligent party is responsible for making sure that you are compensated for your injuries. The different types of negligent parties may include:
- Land owners
- Business owners
- Electric scooter motorists
Why hire our orthopedic injury attorneys at Megeredchian Law?
- Our accident attorneys will interview witnesses, and investigate your accident claim to determine liability
- Our attorneys will negotiate with insurance companies and adjusters
- Our attorneys will fight aggressively for your rights, to make sure that you get the justice you deserve
- Our top-rated attorneys work on a contingency basis, and do not seek compensation unless we win compensation in your favor
What type of compensation could I receive for my orthopedic injuries?
We understand that orthopedic injuries could result in several different types of damages that you should be compensated for. Examples of damages include:
- Payments for all medical bills: this includes prescription medication, physical rehabilitation sessions, surgeries, at home medical care, etc.
- Lost wages: this refers to all the weeks that you had taken off from healing from your Orthopedic injuries
- Disability: if your Orthopedic injuries have caused temporary or permanent disability, you have the ability to seek compensation and benefits
- Future medical expenses: usually, this includes at home medical care and modified home appliances and vehicles
Contact Our Orthopedic Injury Attorneys Today
Orthopedic injuries require months, even years of rehabilitation and healing. To make sure that you get the best medical care, contact our top-rated accident attorneys today to see how we can help you assert your legal rights, and make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
Whether you have been involved in a sporting accident or car accident, you may be able to obtain compensation for the injuries you have suffered. Orthopedic injuries could cause lifelong effects, and should not be taken lightly. Contact us today to schedule your free no risk consultation with our experienced legal team.