Sacramento Accident Attorneys
Sacramento Accident Attorneys
Sacramento Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common accidents that occur in Sacramento, California. Slip and fall accidents could range from resulting in minor injuries to fatalities. Because slip and fall accidents could occur almost anywhere, it is very important that you hire an experienced Sacramento slip and fall lawyer to make sure that you have your rights represented.
Where do slip and fall accidents occur in Sacramento?
The most common areas where slip and fall accidents are likely to occur are at:
- Grocery stores
If you or a loved one have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Sacramento, you should first get help from a medical provider. Medical providers will be able to do imaging and examine you for any broken bones or internal bleeding that you may have. One of the biggest mistakes that you can do is not getting treated. Slip and fall accidents do not immediately result in injuries. Injuries like internal bleeding may take a couple of days to get noticed.
Contact our Sacramento accident attorneys for more information on how you could file a claim and get compensated for your damages.
What is the average settlement for a slip-and-fall case in Sacramento?
- the injuries that you have suffered
- where the accident took place
- how the accident took place
- how responsible the other party is
- the severity of the injuries
- the time you took off work because of the injuries
- the treatments you received for your injuries
- any witnesses to the accident
- any photos of the accident
There are several different factors that may determine the average amount for a settlement for a slip and fall accident. These different factors that our attorneys will analyze include:An average slip-and-fall accident could range from a couple of thousand dollars to millions of dollars. We recommend that you speak to our Sacramento accident attorneys as soon as possible to see what you could receive.
Contact Our Sacramento Attorneys for A Free Consultation
Our top-rated Sacramento slip and fall attorneys offer free one-on-one consultations with our clients. Prior to taking on a client, we recommend that you speak to our attorneys and give as much detail as possible about the accident. Some questions that our attorneys may ask include:
- What led to the slip and fall accident?
- Where did your slip and fall accident occur?
- Were you with anyone else at the time of the slip and fall accident?
- Were there other witnesses to your accident?
- Did any employees speak to you after the accident?
- Did you sign any forms or contracts prior to or after these slip and fall accident?
- Were there any liquids on the floor at the time of the accident?
- Were there any caution signs around the accident area?
- Did you get any medical assistance?
- Did you undergo any surgeries?
- Do you have any prior health conditions?
- Have you ever met in a prior claim for a slip and fall accident?
- Did you take any time off work because of the injuries?
- Did you observe any objects on the floor prior to the accident?
- Did the business or property owner do anything differently after the slip and fall accident?
- Did you fill out any incident reports?
- Did you call any police officers to the scene?
Do I need a Sacramento slip and fall attorney?
You do not necessarily need a Sacramento slip and fall attorney to file a Sacramento slip and fall lawsuit. But, having an attorney will definitely help you get more compensation, especially when negotiating with other parties, such as insurance companies. Our attorneys at Megeredchian Law will help you file a claim against the property owner, manager, or employee and make sure that you have met all the court requirements.
Filing a claim for a slip and fall accident could be very complicated, especially with the amount of forms and paperwork that you must have to fill out. You should not have to worry about the different forms you have to fill out. Our attorneys will handle the entire process for you so you could focus on your injuries. Our attorneys also do not collect any compensation upfront, so you do not have to worry about having to pay our attorneys.
What will our experienced Megeredchian law Sacramento attorneys do?
- We will get statements from eyewitnesses who saw the accident
- We will piece together how the accident happened, and which parties are responsible
- We will gather photos, and any video surveillance of the accident
- We will work with medical experts to determine exactly how much you are owed in medical expenses
- We will collect pay stubs and work receipts from your employer to determine any lost wages
- We will negotiate with insurance companies and other third parties
Premises Liability Lawsuit
A slip and fall accident lawsuit falls under a premises liability lawsuit. Premises liability is a law that holds the property owner or manager responsible for any accidents that occur on their property. A property owner and manager have a duty to make sure that their property is free from any dangers under California law. In the event that a property owner or manager fails to take specific safety measures, they will be held responsible under a premises liability lawsuit. Slip and fall accidents could essentially happen anywhere, that is why this duty is a very broad duty, and premises liability lawsuits are very common in Sacramento court.
When should I file my slip and fall accident case in Sacramento?
You have two years from the date of the incident to file a lawsuit in Sacramento. Your time must not run out. If you file your lawsuit after 2 years, the court will most likely throw out your case.
If you or a loved one have been injured and he slip and fall accident in Sacramento County, call our experienced attorneys today for more information.
Sacramento Accident Attorneys
Our attorneys are essentially risk-free, which means that we do not charge for consultations, and we do not charge our clients upfront when taking us on as an attorney.
You only have to pay our attorneys in the event that we win for you. This means that unless we win, you don’t owe us anything. We take on all the risks involved in filing your premises liability lawsuit. Give us a call today so we can answer any questions or concerns you may have.
What causes slip and fall accidents in Sacramento?
- wet floors
- uneven floors
- waxed floors
- uneven sidewalk
- water spills
- debris on the floor
- poor lighting
- absence of handrails
- absence of caution signs
- loose stairs
What are slip and fall injuries?
- broken bones
- internal bleeding
- sprained ankles
- spinal cord injuries
- traumatic brain injuries
What do I have to prove for my slip and fall case in Sacramento?
- There was a dangerous condition on the property. You must show that the property had some type of condition that led to accidents and injuries.
- The owner knew or should have known of this dangerous condition. For example, if the floor was wet for a long time, the owner should have known or knew from passing by it throughout those couple of hours.
The owner failed to take any necessary steps to make sure that the property was free from any dangerous conditions