What does a car accident attorney do?
After being involved in a car accident, there are several questions that may be running through your mind, including: How much does a car accident attorney cost? Do I need a car accident attorney? What will a car accident attorney do for me?
Car accidents can be very severe, and could cause severe injuries such as broken bones and traumatic brain injuries. Although all accidents could be prevented, it is very important to find yourself in one. If you have found yourself in such a situation, our attorneys will be able to assist you every step of the way. Rest assured that we will be on your side and make sure that all the legal paperwork and claims are taken care of.
All of these questions are very valid. Other than having to look after your injuries, a concern may be your financial costs, such as the medical bills and the lost wages that you missed out on when you were involved in the accident. After you have been involved in a car accident, a car accident attorney will be able to assist you and give you the legal advice you need to determine what the next steps may be for your claim. There are several different types of car accident attorneys in Los Angeles, but it is very important that you hire the right one for your case. Right before choosing an attorney, there are several questions you should ask, including:
- How long have you been representing car accident victims?
- Who will be handling my specific lawsuit?
- Will the attorney communicate with me through every step?
- Will I have to communicate with the insurance company?
- Will I have to communicate with the other third parties involved in the accident?
- How much does your service cost?
- Will you be able to negotiate any liens on my behalf?
- How much is my car accident case worth?
- How long will my car accident case take?
Above are just some of the questions you should ask during an initial consultation with your attorney.
What should I do after a car accident?
After being involved in a car accident, healing from your injuries should be your number one priority. After you have established a secure treatment, we encourage you to contact our attorneys to see what the next steps may be.
What does a car accident attorney do?
- Give you legal advice: every single step, from filing a lawsuit to what happens after a lawsuit is filed should be advised by an experienced top-rated attorney. Our attorneys know exactly what steps we must take from start to finish to make sure that you have all your rights represented adequately. Making one simple mistake with the court could cause you to lose your entire claim. You want to make sure that you have followed all the steps correctly, and you have an experienced attorney that has dealt with this before.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: insurance companies will be very quick to try to negotiate after a car accident, and try to get a statement out of you. You do not need to talk to insurance companies, since our attorneys will be able to negotiate with them on your behalf.
- Create a legal strategy: having a legal strategy will establish the process of filing a lawsuit, as both the client and the attorney will be on the same page.
- Constantly keep you updated throughout your claim: one of the most common problems that we have heard other people say is they do not receive adequate communication from their attorneys. Our firm has made several different changes to make sure that our clients do not ever feel that way. We always inform our clients every step of the way to make sure that they are comfortable with their claim.
- Gather evidence of the accident: it may be very difficult to prove a car accident, especially if there are several parties involved. Our car accident attorneys will gather all the necessary evidence, such as taking eyewitness statements, taking depositions, gathering all the medical bills, and speaking to legal experts to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve.
- Represent you in trial: if both parties do not come to some type of settlement agreement, then our attorneys will not be afraid of taking your case to trial.
What type of compensation could I receive?
- Property damage: if you have been involved in a car accident, then you most likely have suffered property damage to your car. Your car either needs to be repaired or completely replaced depending on the circumstances of the accident, and the damages that you have suffered. This is damage that is not necessarily thought of at the time when settling or going to trial against the other party.
- Emotional distress: if you have suffered severe injuries, then you most likely have suffered emotional distress as you try to heal from your injuries. For example, if you have suffered traumatic spinal cord injuries, you may have suffered a permanent disability which could result in a loss of income. You may not be able to return back to work or do the things you used to do before the accident. This could take a very severe emotional toll on you.
- Lost wages: while you take time off work to heal from your injuries, you most likely would have suffered lost wages. Your employer will most likely not compensate you while you are out of work. That is why it is very important that you recover the lost wages damages from the defendant.
- Loss of consortium: if your loved one has passed away in an accident, and you are filing a wrongful-death claim, then you most likely will be able to recover loss of consortium damages. Loss of consortium takes into account what the victim used to contribute to the family, along with the strong relationships that they had.
- Funeral and burial costs: if your loved one has passed away, and a wrongful death claim is asserted, then he most likely will be able to receive funeral costs to help compensate for your loss.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Our car accident attorneys will be able to give you more of an idea about your claim after we have heard all the necessary details. That is why we will encourage our clients to make sure that they have scheduled an initial consultation. Our initial consultations are free, and we offer no obligation consultations, meaning that you do not necessarily have to choose us after the consultation.
During our consultation, we will review all the details associated with your claim and make sure that you understand what the best legal steps may be. We always put our clients’ priorities above anybody else’s, and always want to make sure that our clients are comfortable throughout the entire process. We know just what big of a hardship it may be to be involved in an accident. You may have several questions, and our attorneys will be there to answer every single question you may have. Contact our top-rated legal staff today to schedule your consultation.
Let us help you, contact our top rated car accident attorneys today.
Why hire our car accident attorneys?
- Our car accident attorneys have decades of experience representing victims who have been injured or killed in car accidents.
- Our attorneys are well-versed in both California and Los Angeles Vehicle Codes.
- Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not owe us anything until we win compensation in your favor.
- Our attorneys have strong relationships with top-rated car accident experts in Los Angeles.
- Our attorneys will fight to make sure that you got the compensation you deserve.
- Our attorneys will provide individualized attention to your car accident lawsuit.