Sacramento Accident Attorneys
Sacramento Accident Attorneys
Bad Faith Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys
Car insurance is meant to help you in times of need. All car insurance companies advertise saying that they are always there for their clients. But, that may not be the case in every instance. There are certain circumstances where you may need your car insurance there for you, but they may not be.
We have seen several instances where our clients had filed a claim with their insurance company trying to get compensation, only for their insurance company to then deny the claim. These types of circumstances are called bad faith. Our Sacramento bad faith insurance attorneys have decades of experience and skill dealing with car accident insurance claims.
We represent victims in car accidents that have been injured because of another driver’s negligence. Whether it is a car accident, truck accident, bus accident, bicycle accident, motorcycle accident, train accident, etc, our dedicated Megeredchian law attorneys are here for you.
There are several different ways a car insurance company can take bad faith actions. Bad faith is a general umbrella term used to refer to a variety of tactics or actions that a car insurance company could take in the event that you file a claim for compensation. If you or your loved one have experienced difficulty dealing with a car insurance company after filing a car accident claim, give us a call today to see how we could help you.
Do I need a Sacramento attorney to file a car insurance claim?
When filing a car insurance claim, it is not required to have an attorney. But, we highly recommend that you have an experienced attorney on your side just because car insurance claims could get very tricky, and can have various different requirements that are difficult to understand. Our attorneys have been representing car accident clients for several decades now, and we have the skill and experience to navigate through the car accident insurance claims process.
We understand that after an accident, you’re most likely going to be focused on dealing with your injuries. Filing a car accident claim is probably the last thing on your mind.
Let our experienced car accident attorneys handle the process for you. Give us a call today to set up a one-on-one consultation with our highly qualified insurance bad-faith lawyers.
What are the responsibilities that a car insurance company has?
California has implied through various different Insurance codes and vehicle codes that car insurance companies have a set of rules and responsibilities that they must follow in the event that they have a relationship with a client. Below are some responsibilities listed:
- Insurance companies cannot lie to their insureds
- Insurance companies must treat their insureds fairly
- Insurance companies must investigate car accident claims thoroughly and in a reasonable amount of time
- Insurance companies cannot have vague or ambiguous terms in their insurance contracts with their customers
- In the event that a claim is approved, insurance companies must not delay in their payments to their customer
- Insurance companies cannot misrepresent parts of a contract or parts of the insurance policy
- In the event that an insurance company denies a claim, they must state the exact reason why they chose to do so
- An insurance company cannot force you to file a lawsuit against the other party
- An insurance company must act in your best interests
- An insurance company cannot mislead you or cancel your policy without a valid reason
- An insurance company cannot deny renewing your insurance policy without a valid reason
- An insurance company has to pay the full amount listed in the claim and cannot offer a lesser amount for the full value
What type of damages could I receive for my insurance bad faith lawsuit?
There are several different damages that you may be able to recover when you file an insurance bad faith lawsuit against your car insurance company. For more information, we recommend that you come to our office for a free case evaluation.
- Contractual loss: this takes into account the amount of money owed to the customer when the insurance company denies the customer’s claim. The customer’s claim could include costs such as medical bills and lost wages. This is all stated in the contract, and the insurance company unfairly denied the claim.
- Extracontractual loss: these are different types of losses that were not necessarily stated in the original contract between the car insurance company and the customer. For example, this could include attorney’s fees needed when filing the insurance bad faith lawsuit.
- Punitive damages: punitive damages are those types of damages that are awarded against the insurance company for their malicious behavior towards their customer.
How does insurance bad faith affect pain and suffering?
After being in an accident, you most likely have sustained injuries that are difficult to recover from. You will then have to go to various different treatments, and may even have to undergo surgery to treat these injuries. But, when the insurance company denies your claim, you could have increased anxiety and depression as you wait for your insurance company to get back to you. When your insurance company denies your claim, it could be very stressful trying to determine the financial situation. A bad faith act could lead to anxiety, mood issues, and sleep problems as the injured worry about their financial situation.
How does insurance bad faith affect injuries?
When you are injured after an accident, an act of bad faith by your insurance company could delay the entire treatment process. Several different injuries may require rehabilitation, surgery, and at-home equipment. But, when the insured cannot afford their treatments and medical expenses, they could be dealing with persistent pain and have a longer recovery time.
How does Insurance bad faith affect property damage?
Car accidents result in property damage, especially to a vehicle. But, when an insurance company is acting in bad faith and refuses to accept the claim, the car accident victim may not be able to drive their vehicle since they will not be able to afford repairs to their vehicle. This could then make it difficult for the insured to even drive to work.
Sacramento Insurance Bad Faith Attorneys
If you believe that your insurance company has acted in bad faith, give us a call today to discuss how you could file an insurance bad faith lawsuit against your car insurance company. Filing an insurance bad faith lawsuit could get very tricky, especially because there are several different requirements that you must have to meet before even filing the lawsuit. Recently, California laws have enacted specific requirements on filing an insurance bad faith lawsuit, with one example being a denial letter received from the insurance company.
Give us a call today to see if you qualify to file an insurance bad faith lawsuit. We are on your side every step of the way.
There are several different ways an insurance company could act in bad faith. If you suspect that your insurance company is acting somewhat in bad faith, give us a call today so we could discuss exactly what your car insurance company is doing, and how we could smooth the process of you getting compensated for your injuries.