Lancaster Car Accident Attorneys
Lancaster Car Accident Attorneys
Car Accident Attorneys in Lancaster
Lancaster, California has several thousands of visitors each year. But, throughout these last couple of years, there has been a dramatic increase in fatalities caused by car accidents. The number one cause of these fatalities is speeding.
During the pandemic, there were not many vehicles out on the roads. As many started to return to work, the number of vehicles started to increase, but several drivers were still speeding on the roads. In Lancaster, fatalities almost doubled in the past years, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
Antelope Valley saw around 100 fatalities in a single year caused by car accidents. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in Lancaster, you must have an experienced attorney who is also knowledgeable about Lancaster roads and highways. Lancaster has very sparse buildings that stretch across several miles. Because of this, the likelihood of drivers speeding is very high.
Why hire our Lancaster car accident attorneys?
There are several different reasons why you would want to hire an attorney. However, going forward with an inexperienced attorney may result in several thousands of dollars of unclaimed compensation. Having an experienced attorney will help your case tremendously. Our attorneys take part in the entire legal process and make sure that you are well-communicated with all along the way. Some ways that our highly qualified attorneys can help are:
- Make sure that you get proper medical care. Getting medical care after a car accident in Lancaster is very important. If you do not get medical care, your injuries may get worse. For example, if you have suffered a head injury, and refuse to get treated, the injury could lead to a concussion or permanent brain damage. These types of injuries may not be visible but still need to be evaluated by a medical provider immediately after an accident.
- Our experienced attorneys will help you get the compensation you need to replace any property damage that you have suffered. Property damage refers to the damage done to your vehicle. Many attorneys may shift their focus on medical bills, and may not even focus on any damage to your vehicle. After an accident, your vehicle will need to be repaired or replaced depending on the damage of the accident. Our attorneys will make sure that you get proper care for your vehicle.
- Our car accident attorneys will help you get compensated for any hours out of work. We know that a car accident could take time out of your day, and may bleed into your work hours. Because of this, you may have to take some time off from work. Our attorneys will make sure that you have received adequate compensation for your lost wages and any future loss of income.
- We offer free case reviews. Case reviews are a one-on-one case consultation with our attorneys to discuss your potential lawsuit. During this case review, several details may be discussed, including how the accident occurred, the different parties involved, and any treatments you have received for your injuries.
What damages could I recover from my Lancaster car accident?
- Damage to your vehicle: this includes the cost to replace or repair the vehicle
- Medical expenses: this includes the hospital bills, medication, and any other medical care that you need
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Attorneys fees
- Punitive damages
Steps To Take After A Car Accident
California has a statute of limitations. A statute of limitations is a law that specifically directs when a party is supposed to file a lawsuit. If a party fails to file the lawsuit within that given amount of time, then the lawsuit may get dismissed, and the plaintiff will lose their right to file the lawsuit. You have two years from the date of the accident to file your claim or you will lose your right to file the lawsuit.
But, keep in mind that there may be some exceptions to this rule. For example, if you are a minor this time may be lengthened. If you believe that you fall under any exception, or need to understand when to file your lawsuit, give us a call today to discuss. The sooner you call our attorneys, the more likely you can secure yourself and make sure that you have filed the lawsuit on time.
Do I need to hire a Lancaster car accident attorney?
Although an attorney is not required when filing an insurance claim or a lawsuit, having an attorney on your side will strengthen your case. Many people may think that they could handle it on their own and deal with insurance companies on their own. But after an accident, your number one concern should be getting treated for your injuries. Insurance companies may try to take advantage of your condition and may try to settle in such a short amount of time. It is important to note that insurance companies may try to offer lower amounts than you deserve.
What are some steps our Lancaster attorneys take for your car accident lawsuit?
- When a lawsuit is filed, our attorneys will get to work immediately. This means investigating the cause of the car accident. Each car accident is different, and each one will require different types of investigations. For example, if there are multiple parties involved in a car accident, it is very important to hire an accident reconstructionist expert to piece together exactly how the accident occurred.
- Our Lancaster car accident attorneys will constantly make sure that we have followed all court procedures on time. Several different deadlines are involved with filing a lawsuit, and we will take care of all the legal steps for you while you focus on your injuries.
- We will work with medical experts to determine what injuries you have suffered, and the amount of compensation that you will need to move forward with your life. Injuries could vary from any car accident and could require temporary or even permanent medical care.
- We will negotiate with insurance companies to make sure that your rights are protected every step of the way, and that each type of compensation is accounted for.
- If we are unable to come to a settlement agreement, our attorneys are not afraid of going to trial and representing your case in court.
Our attorneys are advocates for our clients and want to make sure that no party takes advantage of them. Call us today to schedule a one-on-one consultation and discuss your case in depth. Determining who the responsible party is in a car accident is one of the most important steps that should be taken. Having an inexperienced attorney will not help your case.
What do I have to prove in a car accident lawsuit in Lancaster?
To prove a car accident lawsuit in Lancaster, you must be able to show that:
- the negligent party had a duty to drive safely
- the negligent party failed to drive safely
- the negligent party caused the accident
- the accident now caused the plaintiff’s injuries
Lancaster Accident Attorneys Near Me
Have you been involved in a car accident, or any other accident in Lancaster? Our Lancaster accident attorneys are here to help you. Our lawyers are dedicated and have been dedicated for the last several decades, to making sure that our clients get the compensation they need, and we protect their rights all the way.