Oxnard Car Accident Attorneys
Oxnard Car Accident Attorneys
Car Accident Attorneys In Oxnard, California
In Oxnard, California, there are around 5 car accident fatalities in a single year. Many reports also suggest that this number could be much higher for the past year, especially with many employees now returning to work.
Car accidents could be devastating, and impact a person’s life forever. That is why having a strong and aggressive Oxnard car accident attorneys on your side will help ease the process tremendously. Our attorneys will make sure that you’re able to get a breath of relief after experiencing a traumatic car accident. A car accident could not only leave an accident victim with physical injuries, but a car accident victim could also suffer emotional trauma and financial loss.
Not every attorney has the skill and resources necessary to build your case. But, our car accident attorneys have decades of experience, and we know just what it takes to make sure that you get compensated for your Oxnard accident.
What are examples of causes?
We have handled several different types of car accidents, and car accidents could occur in many different ways. Below are some examples of the different causes:
- drunk driving
- driving under the influence of drugs
- distracted driving
changing lanes without using a turn signal
How much do our Oxnard attorneys cost?
We know that one of the major concerns that a car accident victim may have is how they can afford an attorney. After an accident, we understand that you may experience a financial loss, since you may have to take time off of work. Our attorneys are contingency fee attorneys. Contingency fee attorneys mean that our attorneys do not get paid any fees upfront. If our Oxnard lawyers do not recover compensation for you, you owe us $0. Our attorneys will handle your case from beginning to end. We work hard to make sure that you get the compensation you need.
How much is my Oxnard car accident worth?
This is a very common question we receive from several callers. But, our attorneys cannot just pick up the phone and give you a direct response. Instead, we invite you for a complimentary and confidential case evaluation to discuss the specifics of your case. During the consultation, our lawyers could get a better idea about your case, and the various details involved. There are several different factors that we could consider when determining the value of your case. For example:
- The cause of the accident: sometimes, an accident victim may also be a potential cause of the accident themselves. However, California law still allows accident victims to recover compensation even if they were partially accountable for the car accident. For example, if a drunk driver collided with your vehicle, and you were not wearing a seatbelt, you could be held potentially partially responsible for the accident and your injuries. However, you could still recover compensation. The compensation will simply be reduced by the percentage of fault. For more information on how we determine the percentage of fault, get in touch with our highly-rated Oxnard lawyers.
- Where the accident occurred: sometimes, the location of the accident helps our attorneys determine who the potentially responsible party may be. For example, if the car accident you were involved in was caused by a dangerous street or roadway design, the government entity responsible for the road could be held accountable for the lawsuit or claim. This is a very important step that your attorney should be able to determine when investigating a car accident.
- The injuries that you have suffered: several different types of injuries could result from a car accident in Oxnard. For example, you could suffer a traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, broken bones, leg injuries, head injuries, fractures, etc. Sometimes, some injuries may need more treatment than others. Medical treatments could also be very costly.
- Medical costs: there are various types of medical costs that you could recover, including hospital stay, physical therapy, at-home nursing care, and medical equipment to name a few. But, this depends on the injuries that you have suffered from the accident. We have relationships with medical experts who will help us when determining the compensation you could receive for the medical expenses.
Time taken off work: you could recover compensation for the time spent out of work if your injuries were affecting the way you did your job. If the injuries were permanent, then you could recover future loss of income. To determine what type of injuries you have suffered, and whether you could recover loss of income, contact our car accident attorneys today.
Contacte a nuestros abogados de accidentes en Oxnard.
How long will my case take to settle or go to trial?
Each case is different and may require different steps. For example, in a case where all parties are denying liability, months of investigation may occur. In other cases, when parties delay responding to discovery, the case could also be delayed. Some accidents that also have several parties involved could take longer than a car accident that only has two parties involved.
Should I file an insurance claim?
In some cases, you may be able to file a claim with your insurance or with the other party’s insurance. But, we recommend that you speak to our attorneys before filing a claim. Sometimes, insurance companies will try to offer a low amount initially just to get the accident victim to accept it quickly. You should not fall for this. Although it is not required that you have an attorney, we recommend having one especially because insurance claims may require different steps.
If you are to file a lawsuit, we also recommend that you have an attorney representing you. There are various detailed steps that the courthouse may require.