Rainy Day Car Accident Attorneys
Rainy Day Car Accident Attorneys
Rainy Day Car Accident Attorneys
In California, we are fortunate to have sunny days for the majority of the year. We only have rainy days for a couple of days out of the year. But, these rainy days could have drastic consequences. Once it rains, many drivers are not well equipped or experienced to drive on wet and slippery roads, and this could cause catastrophic accidents.
During rainy days, the friction between the vehicle’s tires and the floor may be very low, this then increases the risk of a car accident that could occur. This low-friction, coupled with negligent driving, such as speeding, could be a very dangerous formula to what could result in severe injuries. Despite the fact that many may try to pump their brakes at the last minute before the accident, the chance of a car collision is very high.
Coming to a complete stop during a rainy day in a short amount of time is almost impossible. Because of the low friction between the tire and the road, there is a very high chance that the wheel will slip on the road if brakes are applied abruptly.
What kind of accidents are caused on rainy days?
Rainy days could lead to a variety of accidents, including:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
There are several other types of accidents that do occur in California on rainy days, but the above are just some examples. If you have suffered any type of accident during a rainy day in California, contact our car accident attorneys today to see how we can help you get compensated for your injuries.
What are common rainy day accident injuries?
Rainy day accidents could be very severe, and so it could lead to severe injuries. Although everybody will suffer a different type of injury in a car accident, the most common car accident injuries during rainy days are:
- Soft tissue injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Emotional distress
- Internal bleeding
- Hip injuries
- Pelvis injuries
Who is at fault in an accident on a rainy day in Los Angeles?
It could get very complex when determining who is at fault or negligent and caused the car accident in Los Angeles, especially when the roads are slippery. There are several different reasons why road in Los Angeles could be dangerous, from needing road maintenance, to potholes. On top of all this, a rainy day could make matters worse.
Just because the floors may be slippery and the roads may be difficult to drive on, doesn’t necessarily mean that a party could get out of liability. This should not be an excuse for a negligent party to refrain from paying compensation to the plaintiff. There are several different types of defense mechanisms that defendants can raise in a lawsuit. But, claiming that the roads were too slippery or it was a rainy day is not a valid defense. Defendant must have done something to have lost control. For example, if the driver was going at very high speeds, it may have been difficult to control the car if the car were to slip on the road.
Why are rainy days dangerous in Los Angeles?
A rainy day could lead to several hazards on the road. Some examples that cause accidents in Los Angeles on a rainy day are:
- Tailgating: tailgating occurs when two vehicles drive too close to one another. This means that another vehicle’s bumper is too close to another vehicle’s front side. Drivers who get too close to another vehicle’s bumper could be in danger of a rear-end collision. When the roads become wet, it could be very difficult to come to a complete stop. Tires may lose their grip when coming to a stop.
- Negligent braking: when a driver constantly breaks, they will run the risk of getting into an accident. Every single time you use your break in a vehicle during the rainy day, the tire will have less grip with the road under it.
- Tire conditions: tires that are used, and have very little tread may lead the car to slip on wet surfaces. The older the tire, the less likely they will have enough grip with the road. This could be very hazardous, especially when the driver is coming to a stop.
- Oil spills: when there are rainy days in Los Angeles, you may have seen oil spills on the roads as well. These oil spills are usually from other vehicles that improperly maintained their vehicles.
- Hydroplaning: hydroplaning occurs when a driver loses control of their car when their vehicle drives through a high level of water on the floor. The larger the pool of water, the more likely that the car will hydroplane.
When are rainy day car accidents likely to occur?
According to Bloomberg, car accidents are more likely to occur during the early morning hours of traffic, or in the afternoon around 6 p.m. But, when it is a rainy day, the chance of getting involved in a car accident is essentially the same all throughout the rainy day.
Some have even discovered that accidents during a rainy day are higher during the middle of the day, because traffic is lighter. When traffic is lighter, people may want to speed to get to their destination quicker. This in turn leads to dangerous conditions since speeding drivers may not be able to come to a complete stop in time.
Contact Our Rainy-Day Car Accident Attorneys Today
- Our car accident attorneys have the experience necessary to make sure that you get the legal help you need.
- Our Los Angeles attorneys offer free consultations, where you will have the opportunity to discuss your case, and ask us any questions or concerns you may have initially with your case. After this consultation, we will then advise you with the best steps and options to take for your rainy day car accident lawsuit.
- Our attorneys work with medical providers to make sure that we have gathered all the relevant medical bills necessary so you can get compensated.
- Our personal injury attorneys negotiate with insurance companies to make sure that your case is settled. In the event that your lawsuit cannot get settled, then we will go to trial with our experienced trial attorneys.
Car accidents can lead to several thousands of dollars in damages, which may include medical bills and paychecks you missed out on because you were suffering from your injuries. Make sure that you have an experienced attorney on your hands, and an insurance company does not simply come in and take advantage of your experience. Insurance companies must act in good faith, and must refrain from using any bad faith legal tactics. An example of a bad face tactic is failing to investigate the car accident claim, or failing to pay their insured. If you have found yourself in such a situation, our experienced insurance bad faith attorneys will know exactly what to do with your case. Give us a call today.
Have you been involved in an accident on a rainy day?
Call our car accident attorneys today to see how we can help you get compensated. We worked to make sure that all parties that are negligent are held liable. We always want to make sure that negligent parties are held at fault, and compensate injured victims. We stand strong against defendants and insurance companies to make sure that your accident and injury has been addressed.