Trip and Fall Accident Attorneys
Trip and Fall Accident Attorneys
Trip and Fall Accident Attorneys
If you have tripped and fell on another person’s property in California, contact our accident attorneys today.
If you or a loved one have tripped and fell in California, you may be able to hold the landowner responsible for your injuries. In California, those who have been injured on another person’s property have the right to seek damages from the landowner if they have caused the victim to suffer injuries.
Specific groups, such as young children and older adults are prone to suffer very severe injuries in a trip and fall accident. Trip and fall accidents could result in death, or disability. This can result in a large sum of compensation that needs to be recovered, such as medical bills and lost wages. Trip and fall accidents can be more deadly and dangerous than many may think.
What is a trip and fall lawsuit?
A trip and fall lawsuit is a civil lawsuit filed against the negligent party in order to seek compensation for any injuries suffered from the trip and fall accident. Accidents can oftentimes cause thousands of dollars in medical bills. We believe that no person should have to suffer these financial burdens if it is caused by a negligent party. Usually, trip and fall accidents fall under negligence legal claims and premises liability legal claims.
How do trip and fall accidents happen?
Usually, trip and fall accidents occur when the victim trips forward. Examples of how the trip and fall accident that can occur are:
- When there is an object on the floor
- When the victim has their foot caught on an object on the floor
- When the victim does not step all the way over an object
Examples Of Trip and Fall Accident
- Objects left in the middle of aisles in grocery stores
- A building has a raised step at the stairs
- A sidewalk has objects in the middle of the walkway
Could I file a trip and fall accident lawsuit in California?
Yes, California law permits injured victims who have tripped and fell on the other person’s property to file a lawsuit against the property owner and / or manager. Property owners and managers have a duty to make sure that their property is kept safe and to prevent any dangerous conditions. This is outlined under California Civil Code Section 1714 (a).
Trip and Fall Statistics
According to the National Safety Council:
- Around 42,000 people passed away because of a fall in the year 2020
- 211,000 people were injured in a trip and fall in the year 2020
- The majority of trip and fall victims were construction workers. Construction workers always have a high risk of falling and tripping on objects such as tools while at work
- One of the most common injuries caused by a trip and fall accident are hip broken bones
- Around 9 million people visit the emergency room which year because of their injuries caused by falls
- Trip and fall accidents most commonly occur in the bedroom
- More than one in four adults over the age of 65 experience a fall every year
What is the difference between a slip and fall and a trip and fall?
A slip and fall accident occurs when someone slips on the floor on another’s property. The most common cause of slip and fall accidents is wet floors. Trip and falls occur when someone trips over an object left on the floor. Our top-rated accident attorneys have decades of experience representing trip and fall victims. We understand that trip and fall accidents are oftentimes considered fraudulent by insurance companies. We always want to make sure that our clients are not taken advantage of by insurance companies, and their interests are protected in order for them to receive the maximum compensation they deserve.
How much is my trip and fall accident worth?
There are several different factors that our trip and fall accident attorneys take into consideration when our attorneys determine how much your claim is worth. The different types of questions we consider include:
- Who caused the trip and fall accident?
- Who tripped and fell?
- Where did the trip and fall occur?
- What is the severity of the trip and fall injuries?
What do our trip and fall accident attorneys do?
- Our accident attorneys offer a free no risk consultation where we will review the details of your trip and fall accident claim, and determine who the negligent parties may be.
- Our accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. Which means that unless we win a settlement or judgment in your favor, you do not owe us anything.
- Our attorneys handle your lawsuit from the beginning till the end. This means that if your trip and fall claim is not settled, our attorneys are not afraid of going to trial.
- Our experienced attorneys provide individualized attention to each trip and fall accident. Trip and fall accidents can be very complex, especially if there are multiple parties involved.
- Our attorneys have recovered around $300 million for clients.
What should I prove in my trip and fall lawsuit?
In order to have a successful lawsuit against the at fault party for your trip and fall injuries, contact our top-rated accident attorneys. Our attorneys must have to prove a variety of different factors, including:
- The property was dangerous and prone to trip and falls
- The owner of the property knew or should have known of the dangerous condition
- The owner of the property failed to take any preventable measures
Proving negligence could be very difficult, especially for inexperienced attorneys. We have the knowledge and an experienced legal team necessary to be able to dedicate ourselves to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve.
How much do our trip and fall attorneys cost?
Our trip and fall attorneys work on a contingency basis. This means that you pay nothing unless we win the settlement or judgment in your favor. We deduct the percentage of the compensation we recover in your favor. This percentage is communicated with you prior to taking you on as a client. We make sure that our clients are always comfortable regarding every stop along their legal claim.
Premises Liability and Trip and Fall Accidents
Property owners in California have the duty to make sure that their property is left in a proper state of condition for any guests and customers. If guests and customers are ever injured on the property owner’s land, they may be able to see compensation for medical bills, paying suffering, lost wages, etc.
Trip and Fall Lawsuits Against the Government
If you have tripped and fell on another person’s property, and the property is owned by the government, you have six months from the date of the injury to recover damages. That is why we advise everyone to seek an experienced trip and fall injury attorney immediately after suffering an injury.
What type of compensation could I recover from a trip and fall accident?
- Past lost wages
- Future lost wages
- Medical bills
- Loss earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages: this is only awarded in very rare circumstances, when the defendant was acting maliciously and caused the trip and fall accident
Contact Our Trip and Fall Attorneys Today
If you are injured in a trip and fall accident while visiting someone else’s property, it is very important that you contact a trip and fall accident attorney immediately to see the different types of compensation you could receive.
Our accident attorneys fight tirelessly to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. Trip and fall accidents can be very complicated, but finding an experienced trip and fall accident attorney is very straightforward. Our attorneys are dedicated to making sure that you get the maximum compensation you could receive. We offer no obligation consultations.