Sacramento Accident Attorneys
Sacramento Accident Attorneys
Construction Accident Attorney In Sacramento
Construction accidents could lead to severe injuries since employees would have to deal with heavy and large machinery. The construction environment is considered to be one of the most dangerous workplace environments in all of America. In the United States, there are around 1,000 construction worker fatalities in a single year. This is around 21% of fatalities in private industry.
Sacramento County is known to have a popular construction industry. There are currently several key construction projects pending around the city. For example, some key construction projects include:
- Sacramento Convention Center: currently the Sacramento Convention Center is under construction to expand the building and improve technology, including building a new exhibit hall. This project is expected to last about a year.
- Downtown Commons: currently, there is development in Downtown Commons to build office space and hotels.
- Sutter Health Park: Sutter Health Park is currently under construction for a major Stadium renovation. A large chunk of it was completed in 2019, but there are still several projects underway.
- Tower Bridge Gateway: the Tower Bridge Gateway is located in West Sacramento, and is a new building that connects different transportation hubs, including trains.
There are several key construction projects in Sacramento that are currently underway, so it is very important that construction companies maintain safety to prevent all accidents and injuries. Simply failing to take just one safety precaution could lead to fatalities at the construction site.
In the event that you or a loved one have been injured at a construction site, contact our experienced construction attorneys immediately for a free one-on-one consultation. Our top-rated accident attorneys in Sacramento will assist you when determining what the best steps are for your case and the best way to pursue compensation.
What type of compensation could I receive for my construction accident lawsuit?
The compensation that you could receive varies depending on the circumstances of the accident. Below are some examples of compensation you could receive for a construction accident lawsuit:
- Medical expenses: this is a very important cost one filing a construction accident suit. This takes into account the medical treatment needed for the injuries sustained at the construction site. Examples include medication, physical therapy, and hospitalization.
- Past lost wages: if the accident victim had to take time off work because of their injuries, they could recover those hours.
- Future loss of income: if the injuries are permanent, the victim could recover compensation for any future income lost.
- Pain and suffering: this takes into account the emotional trauma the victim had to endure from their construction injuries.
- Loss of consortium: family members could recover loss of consortium, which takes into account the loss of support from the accident victim.
How much is my construction accident Injury lawsuit work in Sacramento?
The amount of compensation awarded depends on several specifics of the accident, including:
- where the accident occurred
- who the responsible parties are
- the severity of the injuries suffered
- whether the injuries are permanent
- the level of negligence of the responsible party
- the level of negligence of the injured party
What causes construction accidents?
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration department, which is part of the federal government, has identified the fatal four leading causes of death for construction workers. This includes:
- Falls: this occurs when a construction worker falls from a high area, such as ceilings. This is the number one cause of construction accident injuries.
- Struck by objects: workers could get struck by objects, including tools and debris.
- Electrocution: workers have the possibility of being electrocuted from live wires or live equipment.
- Caught in between machines: this occurs when a worker is injured by heavy machinery, such as forklifts.
There are several different rules and regulations that aim to protect employees from all of the above incidences. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, when safety measures are taken, 600 lives could be saved each year.
Other Types Of Construction Injuries
- Repetitive motions: workers can suffer injuries from common repetitive motions like lifting or twisting. The most common types of injuries are back injuries and hand injuries.
- Trench accidents: workers could get seriously injured through trenches or collapses of caves.
- Burns: construction workers could get burned by explosions or fires, especially if there are chemicals at or near the job site.
Who is responsible for my construction accident injuries in Sacramento?
All Sacramento construction companies have the duty to make sure that the property is free from any dangers, and have a responsibility to provide a safe work environment. In the event that they failed to take necessary safety measures, and it results in an accident, they could be held responsible for any construction accident lawsuit.
What are common injuries caused by construction accidents?
- Traumatic brain injury
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
What do I have to prove for my construction accident lawsuit in Sacramento?
- The first step is to prove that the defendant, also known as the party you are filing a lawsuit against, had a duty to take reasonable measures and prevent the type of accident that occurred. All construction accidents in Sacramento must follow OSHA safety regulations. these regulations are standards created to prevent serious injuries and accidents.
- The second step is to prove that the defendant breached their duty, and did not take reasonable measures to prevent the accident from occurring. For example, they did not follow the OSHA safety regulations.
- After breach, the accident victim must prove that the breach of Duty caused the construction accident. This is one of the most important factors, and it involves proving that if the defendant did not take those measures, the accident would not have happened. It takes a highly qualified attorney to investigate the circumstances of the accident to determine the liable party and the percentage of liability.
- The final step is to prove damages. The victim must show that they have suffered damages, which could be medical expenses, property damage, or loss of income.
Although it may seem like there are not many elements, proving each element may take months, especially because there are several complex construction safety regulations. That is why it is important to work with an attorney that is experienced in construction law. Our Sacramento accident attorneys will help you build a strong case to make sure that you get compensated.
Contact our top-rated construction accident attorneys today to determine what type of compensation you are eligible for. We will evaluate your case and determine the best steps to take for your specific claim. Our compassionate attorneys understand how difficult it may be to suffer such an accident, especially if the accident has led to severe injuries.
Make sure that you have the right attorney on your side. It takes a highly qualified attorney that knows the ins and outs of the Sacramento Court system.
Construction Accident Attorney In Sacramento
Our Sacramento accident attorneys have decades of experience dealing with accident victims. We know just what it takes to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. Call us today to schedule your free consultation.
Keep in mind that there is a time limit when filing a construction accident Injury lawsuit. You must file the lawsuit within 2 years of the accident.