Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys
Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys
Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys
Contact our Los Angeles cruise ship lawyers if you or a loved one have been injured while on a cruise.
Los Angeles, California has several different ports for cruise ships. Several thousands of people flock to these cruise ports each year to travel on all different types of cruises. Cruises can be a very memorable experience for families, but unfortunately cruise accidents could cause very severe injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured while on a cruise, contact our accident lawyers today for a free no obligation consultation. Our accident attorneys have decades of experience representing parties who have been injured while on a cruise ship.
Cruise ship accidents could be a very traumatic experience for a victim. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to make sure that you got the compensation you deserve. No one expects to be injured while on a cruise ship. That’s why several victims who are injured on cruise ships suffer very traumatic experiences, and are left with PTSD and anxiety. Unfortunately, cruise accidents can be very complex, especially if multiple parties are involved. It is very important to hire an experienced cruise ship attorney that is also well-versed in international maritime law.
Who can file a lawsuit after a cruise ship accident?
There are several different types of parties that could file a lawsuit if they have been injured while on a cruise ship. The several different types of parties include:
- Victims who have been injured: passengers who have been injured while on the cruise ship could file a lawsuit against the cruise ship company
- Parents of the victims: if the victim’s parents witnessed the accident, they could file a lawsuit for emotional distress
- Spouses of the victims
- Grandparents of the victims
Wrongful Death and Cruise Ship Accidents
Unfortunately, severe cruise ship accidents could cause the victim to pass away. A wrongful death lawsuit is brought against the negligent party by the deceased family members to seek compensation for their injuries. Examples of compensation include medical bills, along with lost income.
How can cruise ship accident attorneys help me?
- Our accident attorneys have decades of experience representing victims who have been involved in cruise ship accidents. We understand how to navigate through maritime law.
- We will negotiate and deal with insurance companies and third parties.
- We will file all the necessary paperwork within the required deadline.
- We will tirelessly fight for your rights in order to make sure you get the help and compensation you deserve.
- Our experienced accident attorneys are not afraid of going to trial if a fair settlement is not reached.
What type of compensation can I recover for my cruise ship injuries?
There are several factors that could determine the amount of compensation you could receive for your cruise ship injuries. For example, severe injuries may result in a higher compensation compared to temporary and minor injuries suffered. Examples of compensation include:
- Medical bills: this refers to all of the costs required to treat the injuries, such as the hospital stay, surgeries performed, and prescription medication
- Lost wages: this refers to the amount of time the plaintiff was out of work while healing from their injuries
- Future lost wages: if the accident caused permanent disability, the plaintiff would suffer future lost income
- Pain and suffering: this is the emotional trauma the plaintiff suffered from the cruise ship accident
Can you sue a cruise line?
Cruise lines have a duty to make sure that their property is well maintained and taken care of to prevent any injuries on the cruise. If a cruise’s negligence caused a victim to suffer injuries, you have the right to file a lawsuit against the cruise ship company for compensation for your injury claims. We have recovered over 300 hundred million dollars for our clients.
What are the different types of cruise ships?
Los Angeles has several different ports for different types of cruise ship companies. Examples include:
- Carnival Cruises
- Princess Cruises
- Celebrity Cruises
- Disney Cruises
- Norwegian Cruises
- Catalina Express
- Island Express
- Holland America line
- Silversea cruises
- Royal Caribbean
- Seabourn cruises
- Oceania Cruises
If you have been injured while on any of the above cruises, contact our experienced Los Angeles accident attorneys today to see how we could help you seek compensation.
Common Cruise Ship Injuries
Cruise ship accidents can cause very severe injuries. Examples of the different types of injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Food poisoning
- Lower back injury
- Neck injury
- Head injury
- Chemical burns
- Fire Burns
What should I do if I have been injured on a cruise ship?
- Seek medical care immediately
- File a report with the cruise ship
- Read the fine print of your cruise ship ticket to determine where you could file your lawsuit
- Contact a cruise ship accident attorney immediately to make sure that you file the lawsuit within the specified time frame
Examples Of Cruise Ship Accidents
Accidents can occur in many different ways. Examples of the most common types of accidents are:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Food poisoning
- Elevator accidents
- Escalator accidents
- Wrongful death
- Swimming pool accidents
How much is my cruise ship accident worth?
In order to provide a specific number, our attorneys offer free no obligation consultations. During this consultation, there are a variety of factors we used to determine the worth of your cruise ship accident claim. For example, the different factors we consider are:
- The victim that was injured
- The severity of the victim’s injuries
- Where the accident occurred
- How the accident occurred
- Who the negligent parties may be
How To Prove A Cruise Ship Accident Lawsuit
In order to prove that the cruise ship company was negligent, the different factors of negligence must be met. In order to prove negligence, the experienced attorney must have to show:
- The cruise ship company had a duty to make sure that their property was maintained and to prevent any foreseeable harm
- The cruise ship company failed to exercise this duty
- This caused the plaintiff to be involved in an accident
- The plaintiff now suffers damages, such as medical costs
When can I file my cruise ship accident claim?
It is very important that you speak to one of our top-rated cruise ship accident attorneys immediately after suffering an accident on a cruise ship. The longer you wait, the more likely you could potentially lose your lawsuit. The statute of limitations for a cruise ship accident is around one year from the date of the injury. However, you must be able to give the cruise ship a written notice of the accident claim within 6 months from the date of the accident.
Maritime law states that the court the cruise ticket outlines is the court where you must file the lawsuit. Usually, cruise line tickets state that any potential lawsuits must be filed in Los Angeles court or Miami court. In order to determine what type of court you must follow your lawsuit, contact our maritime law attorneys today
Contact Our Cruise Ship Injury Attorneys
Maritime law could be very complex, especially if there were multiple parties involved in your cruise ship accident. There are several different types of laws you must have to comply with. That is why it is very crucial that you seek the help of an experienced cruise ship accident attorney immediately after suffering any injuries.
Our experienced accident attorneys will conduct an investigation into your accident, and determine who the potential liable party is. We have free no risk consultations where we will review the merits of your claim, along with the different types of compensation you could receive.
Contact our attorneys Megeredchian law today to speak to our legal team.
We hold negligent parties accountable for their injuries caused. Our legal team will promptly respond to any questions or concerns you may have regarding your potential cruise ship case.