How can an attorney help with your car accident claim?
Whether you have been involved in a rear end collision, sideswipe accident, front collision, DUI accident, hit and run accident, pedestrian accident, or truck accident, our attorneys are available 24/7 to assist you with your legal claim and to determine if you could file a lawsuit against the negligent party.
If you have been injured in a car accident, it is very important that you take all the proper and necessary steps to make sure that not only you get compensated for your medical bills, but also the other damages you have suffered, such as your lost wages and your emotional distress. If you have suffered very severe injuries, then you most likely will have suffered emotional distress.
One of the best things you can do after a car accident is to get the help of an attorney. Many may ask why they should hire an attorney with their car accident claim. There are several benefits that could come with having experienced legal representation on your side.
What will our car accident attorneys do?
- Investigate: oftentimes, after a car accident, too many parties will not admit to being at fault. Each party will try to point the finger at one another in order to avoid having their insurance premiums raised. When this occurs, an investigation must be held. Our attorneys will hold an investigation and determine how the accident occurred, along with which party should be liable.
- Communicate with other parties: oftentimes, other parties will try to communicate with you in order to get you to admit liability. Having an attorney will assist you when discussing or communicating with any other parties involved in the accident.
- Communicate with the insurance company: insurance companies will always try to get involved in the matter as soon as possible and offer a low settlement amount, along with getting as many statements as they can about all the parties involved. Remember, insurance companies are not always there to protect you, they have their interests above yours. The insurance company’s number one priority will be to pay out as little as possible.
- Gather all the documentation: in order to assert the damages that you have suffered, there need to be bills that should be submitted to the court and the other party. For example, our attorneys will work diligently to make sure that we gather all the necessary medical bills and lost wages documents to assert your right to damages. When you assert a claim for severe injuries, you should have the available documentation, such as the diagnosis, treatment received, and disability notes. This could be retrieved by a hospital or medical provider. Our attorneys will gather all this information to make sure that we have it on our end when asserting your rights and claims for damages.
- Hire experts: for specific damages, especially those that may not be certain, such as future lost income and emotional distress, an expert is needed to talk about just how much those damages may be. We have relationships with top medical and legal experts in Los Angeles and will work to make sure that all the damages you are starting are well accounted for.
- Negotiate with hospitals: our attorneys will negotiate any type of liens that you may have, whether it is a health lien, disability lien, or a workers compensation lien that you may have received.
- Settle with parties: oftentimes, a car accident claim will most likely result in a settlement rather than go to trial. A settlement occurs when all parties come together and determine a final monetary amount that will prevent the parties from going to trial. This settlement amount should be able to compensate you for all of the damages that you have suffered. Our car accident attorneys will fight aggressively against all parties to make sure that your rights are well-represented. A top-rated attorney will be able to tell you how much your case is worth and negotiate aggressively to make sure that you get a settlement around that number. We always work to put our clients’ priorities above hours at all times.
- Review police records: after an accident, a police officer will potentially arrive at the scene and generate a report that specifies how the accident occurred and who the parties involved may be. Our attorneys will get that police report and make it a part of your claim. A police report is usually not available until several months after it has been generated. Our car accident attorneys will follow up and make sure that we have all the necessary documentation.
How much do our car accident attorneys cost?
Our car accident attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means that we will only take a portion of the amount we were covered in your favor. If we do not recover any compensation for you, then you owe us nothing.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with our attorneys. Our attorneys will discuss all the necessary elements of your claim, including how much your case is worth, who the liable parties may be, and how much you could possibly receive in compensation.
Do I need a car accident attorney?
An attorney will make the legal process as simple as possible. We have decades of experience dealing with complex legal theories, especially car accidents. After going through a car accident, the accident could cause very severe injuries. We want to make sure that the first thing our clients do is to get enough rest in order to heal from their injuries. This is not an easy case you should handle on your own.
When should I hire a car accident attorney?
We advise you to hire a car accident attorney as soon as you have been involved in an accident. There are several factors that may limit the amount of compensation you could receive, such as the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations states the amount of time you have to file a claim. In California, this differs depending on the circumstances of the accident. Another factor that could potentially affect when you should file a car accident claim is the severity of the injuries. For example, if your injuries are severe, you may need more in compensation.
Each case is different. That is why you must hire an attorney that will give you personalized attention and fight aggressively for your rights. Several other attorneys do not give enough attention and will not work towards resolving your case.
Speak To Our Car Accident Attorneys Today
Call us today to schedule your free no risk consultation. Our car accident lawyers in Los Angeles are well-equipped to handle your claim and take on all the risks associated with it. Call us today to see how you can receive compensation.
We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, and know just what it takes to make sure that our clients get the legal assistance they deserve. Call us today. You may not be able to represent yourself alone, that is why our attorneys are on standby to assist you as much as possible.