July 4th Car Accidents
As many families start to gear up for staycations and vacations for the summer and 4th of July weekend, many may not even think of preparing themselves for an accident that could occur. The 4th of July weekend is considered to be the start of the hot summer months, where several people come together to celebrate American Independence Day. Although this may be a day full of partying, Fourth of July is considered to be one of the most dangerous and risky weekends of all time.
Holiday weekends are considered to be dangerous, especially in tourist cities such as Los Angeles. As several people from outside flock to Los Angeles, the chance of getting involved in an accident will severely increase.
According to the National Safety Council, around 450 people may pass away during this Fourth of July holiday weekend. Airlines are already starting to feel understaffed and busy 2 weeks before the actual holiday. Not only is their estimated busy air travel, but the Safety Council has also estimated that highways will experience large amounts of traffic.
What accidents are common on the 4th of July weekend?
There are several different types of accidents that are common during the 4th of July holiday weekend. This includes:
- Car accidents
- Firework accidents
- Boating accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Hotel accidents
- Amusement park accidents
Boating Accidents On 4th Of July
The 4th of July weekend is one of the most popular weekends that boaters get their boat out on the water. Several people also choose to drink excessive amounts of alcohol while riding on a boat. This could potentially cause a drunk driving boating accident. The United States Coast Guard advises everyone during this time to be mindful about how much boat drivers are drinking, and to constantly make sure that their boat has been well-maintained prior to putting it into the water. There are two potential types of accidents that involve boats during the Fourth of July weekend: DUI accidents and negligent boat maintenance accidents. Boats need constant maintenance, and when it is not carefully taken care of, it could potentially cause severe accidents.
If you have been injured in an accident that involved a boater who was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, contact our car accident attorneys to see how you can get compensated for your injuries. If you have been involved in an accident with a boat that was not properly maintained, you have the right to file a lawsuit against the boat owner for their negligent maintenance.
Car Accidents On 4th Of July
During the Fourth of July weekend, there are several reasons as to why car accidents could occur. The two most common reasons for car accidents are distracted driving and drunk driving.
Many people behind the wheel may resort to texting and driving to figure out what their plans are for the 4th of July weekend. Since almost all places are busy during the weekend, many last-minute plans are made. When this occurs, drivers are tempted to check their texts while they are behind the wheel. This then increases the likelihood of a car accident.
Drunk driving is also a very common cause for car accidents during the Fourth of July weekend. People may choose to drink large amounts of alcohol at other people’s homes then get behind the wheel to go back home. Around 40% of car accident fatalities between 2007 and 2011 were caused by drunk driving during the Fourth of July holiday weekend. When you drink large amounts of alcohol, your coordination is heavily impaired.
What are common injuries that occur during the Fourth of July weekend?
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Wrongful death
Fourth of July Accidents in California
- Busy during the three-day holiday weekend, and they had seen motorists speed above 100 mph.
- Just in the San Francisco Bay Area, there were around 125 motorists who were arrested during the holiday weekend.
- There were around 1,876 traffic violations issued during the holiday weekend.
What are the most dangerous holidays ranked?
The most dangerous holidays that involve the most car accidents include:
- Fourth of July
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
- Veterans Day
- Cinco de Mayo
Many estimate that you are two times more likely to be involved in a fatal car accident during the 4th of July holiday weekend.
What should you do if you are involved in an accident during the 4th of July weekend?
- Stay calm: one of the most important things you can do after an accident is to stay calm. Do not let your emotions get ahead of you. Do not admit liability or blame others for liability.
- Call the police: when the police arrive on the scene, they will most likely create a police report. This police report may be important when filing a lawsuit against the negligent party.
- Seek medical attention if your injuries are severe, we recommend that you seek immediate medical attention, even if you are out of town. Do not let the cost prevent you from getting the medical attention you need. If your injuries are not that severe, we recommend that you go to a medical provider that is near your home. If you wait a day or two after an accident, the defendant may argue that your injuries were not severe enough.
- Call our attorneys: contact our accident attorneys. Even though it is a holiday weekend, our car accident attorneys are available and on standby 24/7 to answer any questions or concerns you may have. We are also available to book your free case evaluation to see what the next steps are with your accident claim.
How can I prevent an accident during the Fourth of July holiday weekend?
- Slow down: make sure that you follow all speed limits and regulations, especially if you are visiting a city for the first time.
- Make sure that you have a sober driver: designate your sober driver at the beginning of the day to make sure that you have a safe ride back home:
- Do not text and drive
- Always wear your seatbelt
If you have been injured or involved in an accident during the Fourth of July weekend, contact our accident attorneys today for a free case evaluation. We want all our clients to be safe during this holiday weekend, but unfortunately, accidents are bound to occur. An accident that occurs over a holiday weekend is definitely not planned for. That is why you should have a trusted attorney on your side in the case that you were ever involved in an accident. Whether it is a car accident, boat accident, motorcycle accidents, etc., you want to make sure that you have an experienced attorney advocating on your behalf. Call us today to schedule a consultation.
Make sure that you are safe this holiday weekend, and contact our car accident attorneys if you have been involved in any accident. We always put our clients’ interests first, and want to make sure that our clients get the compensation and legal representation they deserve. We are not afraid of standing up to large companies and defendants to make sure that you get the compensation you need.